cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo stuttering on new recordings and iplayer, all4, netflix etc

jonomac
Joining in

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem where my Tivo box is stuttering on both audio and video for any newly recorded programs, but also for many on demand channels too. It does not appear to have the same problem for any shows recorded more than about a month or 2 ago

My TV6 Tivo box model number is DCX960/KK0B/N215/1000  and was new in August 2018

I've searched in this community and there appears to be a variety of outcomes it could be. Some of which can be reset by an operator, others where an engineer is required to be called out.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jonomac
Joining in

OK please ignore this post!
In getting the Tivo serial number i had to pull the power plug out ad back in, and in doing so it seems to have resolved the issue!

Thanks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jonomac 

I've moved your post to the V6 board, it sounds like that's the box you have. You can check here if you want to make sure.

A single reboot is rarely a bad idea in cases of service problems, but if issues do persist, it's worth checking if the problems are on...

1: Live TV, 2: Recorded programmes, 3: OnDemand & streaming

All 3 are handled differently by your V6, and problems with each would suggest different underlying causes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, i will keep an eye on it to find out if the issue crops up again.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jonomac

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm glad to hear you managed to get the issue with your V6 box resolved. If you find the problem re occurs, or if you have any other issues with the box, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily advise and get the matter sorted. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide