cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box will not add 5 mins to recordings

Vass
Dialled in

None of.my recordings or series links will add the 5mins ive set in the virgin box

Im fed up with missing the end of programs.

It doesnt matter if its a new recording and i set the  5 mins extra or if its series link with the setting there already. Box ignores my requirements,  please help

23 REPLIES 23

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've got a suspicion there's a way of amending existing SL's en-masse without having to delete & recreate.

I'll have to have a play later, it's not something I've had cause to do for a while.

Even if you can't, you can certainly amend individual ones easily for testing purposes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

What has adding time got to do with it Danny?

It doesnt work regardless of when or how the recording was set

Ive even set a recoding live,  gone in and emended settings and still no extended time recorded

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not near my V6 to check the menu locations, but.... try this..... in this order.....

Go into planned recordings and make a note of any manual recordings you have set. SL's are irrelevant here.

Now go into Recording settings and change the default padding to something other than what it is now.

Now... Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart. Choose the option (I think it's the third one down) for "Clear guide and planned recordings".

The box will restart, the EPG (TV Guide) will rebuild from scratch and the SL recordings will recreate. Manual ones you'll need to re-record once the EPG download completes.

The whole process might take perhaps 30-60 minutes, so try it when nothing's set to record in that time.

Now see if the padding behaves as you'd expect 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Vass

Have you been able to try out the suggestions via the community?

Let us know how you get on

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill