cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Apps especially All4 on V6 Box

Snootyooty
On our wavelength

I have been having a lot of trouble with Apps on my V6Box . Especially All4. Have been trying to watch Hill Street blues and some episodes start but then freeze either with a frozen picture or a black screen or black screen with sub titles. I cannot watch on my TiVo box as there is no All4 app. I have a smart tv and it is fine on there. Have rebooted v6 box and hub.

Any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13

Thank you japitts. 
I had a black screen with Netflix.

On BBC iplayer I was trying to watch Five bedrooms. 
Every time I went to start the episode it came up with a dark screen that said skip trailer but it would let me skip trailer and I couldn’t clear it. Two hours later I managed to watch Five bedrooms!

Many thanks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well the C4 episodes you mentioned earlier in the thread also played fine on my V6.

So you have a problem with your box by the sounds. You have tried restarting haven't you? Using Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

If you've tried that and it's failed, then it'll be time for VM to intervene with a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you japitts,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I am glad that you were able to watch the episodes of HSB that I cannot.

I have tried restarting. I have tried everything possible but still no joy.

Virgin are sending one of their guys to take a look on Wednesday. So hopefully he will have a solution to my All 4 etc apps!

Thanks again for all your help.

Kind regards,

Hi @Snootyooty

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the All4 app.

Has the latest advise from @japitts resolved the issue for you?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide