cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems casting To V6

Les2013
On our wavelength

Ok so I have just logged into my router as I am having difficulty detecting my V6 box when casting from my phone (using YouTube app) and the status problem checker under diagnostic inform me I have WiFi issues on the network, what does this mean, would it relate to the issue i am experiencing

is anyone else’s having issues casting YouTube app from phone to V6.

Thanks 

17 REPLIES 17

Les2013
On our wavelength

hi Beth.

Thank you for your reply but mine is WiFi to WiFi, only main box is able to Ethernet.

i did get a email today saying my hub setting are being remotely tweeked but so far no difference, also had a text saying that the 17th essential work is being carried out in our area. 

Thank you for letting us know @Les2013

Has the issue improved since the service works and the email? Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Les2013
On our wavelength

@Akua_A

Unfortunately not, in front of the V6 as we speak and from multiple devices i cannot. I can pick up other TV and V6 but not the one Upstairs.

Hi Les2013,

That second v6 that's on a wireless connection, are you able to go into that settings menu under networking 

• Press Home on the remote
  • Select Help & Settings
  • Choose Settings
  • Select Network

Then can you check the network status and advise what you see? If there are errors are you able to run the test option?

Cheers,

Corey C

Les2013
On our wavelength

Signal 90% connected to 2.4ghz and service status is connected. 

Hmm, are you able to try connecting to the 5Ghz channel instead to see if that makes a difference? This will help us get a feeling of where the problem lies.

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Les2013
On our wavelength

I have tried this previously and the signal strength drops as expected but doesn’t not solve the issue.

if I reconnect the V6 to wifi it will find it as master bedroom but then wont the next day for example. 

Thank you for updating us @Les2013 

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be an issue on our side there isn't much more we can suggest. 

However you can read up on YouTube and how to cast from your device online here

Thank you.