cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing shows on demand

Killy88
Tuning in

My wife asked if she could watch Sex and the city on demand and I checked… it’s on sky comedy, so why are there only two series available? Parts of Seasons 2 and 4? This is all available on sky tv on demand, I’ve been disappointed with a lot of things through virgin since making the switch… is this the same for everyone? 

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's quite common for some episodes to be rebroadcast, I've seen this with TNG, MASH, Cheers and others. Set a Series Link+ to record whatever is broadcast in future.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For many channels, programmes that have been broadcast are available for 30-60 days after as a "CatchUp".

If you are on top-tier Maxit package, then many complete past series are available as box-sets.

From a check of Sex & The City, it looks like many series are available as PPV. As suggested already, your best bet is to set a Series-Link+ and allow to "include recordings & OnDemand", and for "Record = new & reruns". That way, all past episodes that your V6 can source via linear broadcast will be recorded, and any OnDemand assets will have shortcuts created in your My-Shows view.

Having said all this, you've mentioned "making the switch" from Sky - if you did this in the past couple of years, you won't have a V6 but a TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Killy88! 👋 Welcome back to the community. Thank you for posting!

Sorry to hear about your difficulty finding shows via on demand. Just for some help specifically regarding Sex in the City, I know seasons 1-6 are also available via Now TV if you use this service / app via your TV Box! 

Otherwise, hopefully some of the advice given by the community in their responses will help you access as many of the shows episodes available for free as possible! Pease let us know how you get on. 

If there were any specific other examples regarding your disappointment since moving to our service we should be aware of please do let us know and we will do our best to help! 

All the best 🌞

Molly