cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a new remote control

Stuart71
Joining in

Hi all

Just wanted to see if anyone could suggest my next move, I have tried calling and I have tried the message service no one answers the phones and no one replies to the messages, at the start of the week our remote control stopped working, yes i have changed the batteries and also followed the online instructions from the website, having borrowed a remote i found that it still works but not with our remote, i have spent the week trying to make contact with virgin but i am starting to think that no one is there, anyone give a tip as how to get through many thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try factory reset of your remote. 

Press TV and clear together untill remote flashes twice then thumbs down 3 times then ok

Hi jb66

Thanks for the reply, I have tried to reset the remote but still no joy and by the way thank you for the first person that works for virgin that I have been able to make contact with.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Stuart71,

Sorry to hear of your issues.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

If you do decide to call again then you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave

Thanks for the advice I will try the text, one of my biggest gripes is the customer service from Virgin media, I dread having to contact them when I have an issue, it almost makes me want to keep my £161 per month but I know the other providers are just as bad.

Hay Stuart.

Best way to get a new remote - £5 off Amazon ...

Mine died a good while ago, after contacting Virgin (75 mins I'm not getting back) they sent a 'new' one out. The thing that arrived was sticky with several buttons cut off. I rang again (another hour gone) and they apologised and sent a second remote, this too was clearly second hand with corroded batteries still inside...

After a friend said he had bought one, I gave up and bought one, as stated above, £5 off Amazon, arrived the next day, brand new, batteries sealed in a fixed packet & it worked once programmed. Amazes me that they can be bought so cheap, makes you wonder why Virgin insist on sending out crap. Save yourself a lot of hassle, go buy one 😋

Steve. 

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Hi,

I'm looking for a remote as mine is falling apart.

I've looked on Amazon and they're all over £25 so interested how you get them for a fiver.

eBay has refurbished remotes but no idea what state they're in .

Thanks

Hey Loosecanons 

Got to say ... WOW ... The sellers have certainly realised there is a massive market for these remotes and have bumped the price up accordingly. Even the people I bought mine off have upped the price, can't really blame them I suppose, seems I got mine at the proverbial 'right time' lol.

I'm not quite sure if we can do this, but I bought a second, brand new remote, intended for my daughter, who in the meantime dumped Virgin and went back to Sky, so it's sat in the drawer (not gathering dust due to my OCD).

I'm more than willing to let you have it for free if there is any way I can get it to you.

😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Loosecanons,

Have you tried ordering a replacement here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi,
thanks very much.
I discovered the link below and waiting to see what arrives in the post.

I noticed there are thousands of refurbished ones on eBay (perhaps new Sky customers who have had enough of pixilation TV's )
🙂

thanks again