cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Skysports Bad Quality picture

Seals74
On our wavelength

Sky sports football picture quality on HD is absolutely terrible. What is going on? Rebooted the box and got a brand-new HDMI cable, had the engineer out and checked all the cables and signal coming in. Other channels are fine. It’s been like this for years. Why is this? Is it being sent at a lesser bandwidth from Sky itself??. It’s getting so bad I’m thinking of going over to Sky permanently. No proper answers are ever given.
Lots of people are complaining about it so why is nothing being done about it. 

38 REPLIES 38

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Seals74 wrote:

Everything was fine he said, but agreed the picture quality was sub standard, very pixelated on the football/sport channels

Pixellation on live channels is a fault, pure & simple. It shouldn't happen on a properly installed system - and having a VM tech attend is the correct process.

Are you saying that a VM tech saw these symptoms but declined to further investigate what was causing it? And when was this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Seals74
On our wavelength

The VM tech guy did everything he could. He even went out to check the box in the street.

Nothing was mentioned about further investigations, as I excepted that that’s the way it is. The visit I had from the tech guy was back in June I think. I only really noticed it again because the football season has started again. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can assure you, pixellation and picture breakup should not be happening on a fault-free install.

If you wait around here a few days, VM staff can run remote checks on your equipment (the same as if you called into faults) and hopefully identify a potential cause.

You probably do need a tech visit if you're still having issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @Seals74 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see this issue is till occurring! 

I'd like to take a closer look at this for you to see if we can get this issue resolved! I am going to send you a PM so we can grab a few more details and hopefully arrange something. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Did this actually get resolved? I am experienced what I can only describe as a 'blurry' image on Sky Sports HD channels, especially when football is on.

The image, whilst better than the SD channel, it falls extremely short of any other HD channels that offer sport.

It has only been like this since the start of the season. It seems like the channel is deliberately broadcast at a lower definition than previously seen.... does this coincide with Skys introduction of Sky Sports Ultra HD?

Seals74
On our wavelength

No nothing was done or do I think can be done. Only hope is that Ultra HD comes to sky sports on Virgin. Doesn’t look like that will happen any time soon.

Your problems are identical to mine! I’ve been saying it your ages

Royalbeech
Superfast

Definitely skysport HD is a very poor quality at the moment and I seem to notice it more so for the football, F1 today was fine, but the Premier and championship football was bloody awful! 

Please will one of the mods pick this up as an urgent issue and try and get it sorted.!!!

I second this.

Sadly it appears to be the normal picture quality for sky sports hd on Virgin the picture quality is far better for BT sport's/ Premier sports and La Liga. What ever happened to the uhd sky sports agreement made and press briefed out back in 2019?

I have no problem with Sky Sports HD (or any HD channel), and anyone with a problem should start their own thread stating the make and model of the TV, the V6's video output setting and which channels are not right.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection