cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen (DVR problem).

TeepsandPeeps
Tuning in

Hey… it seems I my DVR box has the green screen of death. It's been like this for over 12 hours now so I guess it is not going to fix itself.
I've tried to contact Virgin but you can't speak to a human so I have being through the steps to report an issue and we have a tech guy coming tomorrow.

Can anyone definitively tell me if the engineer will have a replacement box with him?

My 12 year old niece is coming to stay this weekend and I've planned some viewing with her. Of all the problems in the world this may seem trivial but hey, this is what a community forum is for, huh ?

Thanks, team.

8 REPLIES 8

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

He will more than likely have spare boxes on the van, nobody can say 100% though 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for replying, it's much appreciated. 

See this is the annoying thing. I know the issue, the box needs replacing. If I could speak to a human and maybe send the screen grab, they could see the issue and cut out an unnecessary step of the engineer coming without a box and then having to send off for a new box leaving us without TV for the whole weekend.

Fingers crossed that he brings a spare box but in the 21st Century, you'd think there would be a better way  😞 

Screenshot 2022-07-07 at 08.32.17.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is often VM policy to have tech visits rather than just dispatching replacement kit that may not be needed.

A tech visit can often be just as quick, and can sometimes avoid unnecessary replacements.

DVR has detected an error is a rare example where there's no fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for answering. 

Im not suggesting Virgin send a new box out. 

I’m suggesting that in cases where the box clearly needs replacing, there ought to be a way of reporting it so that the engineer knows to bring a box with him for continuity of service. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Techs do usually carry plenty of replacement kit stock on their vans, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Hi @TeepsandPeeps,

Just checking in with you- was the tech able to replace the box for you?

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey thanks for checkin' in. Yeah the engineer had a spare box with him and it was sorted really quickly. He also sorted out our whole setup as it wasn't quite right from the previous installation which had unused splitters installed.
He was a nice guy as well so it's all good. 

Hi TeepsandPeeps, 

Thanks for coming back and updating us 🙂 

We're glad the engineer was able to resolve things for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs