cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box hard drive failure - need replacement box

daitch72
On our wavelength

Hi, after upgrading my V6 box to 360 and losing all my recordings I have now run into a hard drive failure. Reboots take forever and a factory reset has done nothing to help and now I'm unable to record anything or rewind live TV etc. Had no issues with V6 box up to this point and am now pretty miffed to say the least. Can somebody help with organising a replacement box as 150 on the phone isn't even working properly and I cannot get through to speak to anybody. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

daitch72
On our wavelength

Really losing the plot with virgin media now. Restarted box again now coming up CS1001 account not found. 

Phone line not working, no fault stated on my virgin media. Try support message chat bot to be told, not accepting any more fault reports for now. What on earth is going on??? #@£&!!!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For info - if you've converted your V6 into a TV360, it's no longer a V6 as that refers to the TiVo software which TV360 doesn't use.

You can contact VM-faults on 0345 4541111 from any working phone, that's a landline-rate call. And/or report your landline fault via https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/bd-p/Telephone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @daitch72 

-tv-error-codes/cs1001  is a check your connections fault code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yep sorry, CS1011, my bad. Anyway managed to get engineer booked in. Thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @daitch72 

Thanks for updating the thread. It's great to see that you have a tech visit booked.

You should be able to track the new appointment by signing in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. (It probbaly won't show for a few hours though)

Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app.

It's possible if you keep checking there that  you might be able to rebook it to an earlier slot if someone has cancelled their tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey daitch72, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

Please do keep us updated on how this goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?