cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo delete 360

AnneSmith4
Tuning in

Can deleted programmes be recovered on the 360 box? I can’t find how to & I deleted something by accident 

82 REPLIES 82

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Claire35 wrote:

there is no option to keep re krdings on seperate boxes on their respective boxes

TV360 does have an "advanced option" when setting a recording, to decide which master box you record onto - if you have multiple master-boxes by virtue of converting V6's.

But TV360 by design, pools all the recordings - and new installs will only have one master box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

9grg9arg
On our wavelength

I agree. The 360 delete system is a retrograde step. It is not beyond the technology to update the inbuilt computer to have an undelete update

Uncalled for there as the lady states that she deleted something by accident. She was just asking for advice! 

No need for sarcasm. The lady was asking for advice. 

I know, this is very annoying. When you have soaps recorded and you miss a couple of days say and then you can't remember where you were up to, all these other episodes show up and I find it very annoying and confusing. If I record Emmerdale at 7.30pm, I don't want other episodes recording say at another time on another channel on a series link. Sometimes you can stop the other channel recording series link manually but the other day I tried to do that with extra episodes of Gogglebox that had been recorded and it cancelled the main Friday night series link. Aggrevating isn't the word.

That was never how it worked either. If you deleted something, it just went into a deleted items folder. If you wanted to recover it, you could just go into that folder and recover it, you could set it to how long you wanted it stay in there on TiVo, a week, a month etc.

You were being quite snappy with your response.

SpiralledMind
Tuning in

So you can't recover a deleted item, how antiquated is that in 2023. My TiVo would allow this. I was forced onto this 360 without a choice about 18 months ago and although I love the 'being able to rewind live TV back 3 hrs' compared to my TiVo 1 hour and being able to record 5 channels and watch a 6th (or record 6) compared to 3 on TiVo, apart from those 2 things there, there are 3 things I hate on this 360 box, really hate. I hate how it records multiple programmes from various channels when you set a series link, Gogglebox being a frustrating one at the moment and seemingly you can't stop it doing that, 2 - how it doesn't tell you when the show / recording first aired like my TiVo used to. It was handy to know if it was this years series or a repeat from a previous year (and that putting New isn't as good as that, the programme might not be new and you might want to just know when an old programme was first aired if you know it isn't this year) and 3 - what this topic is about, the aggravating can't recover an accidentally deleted recording, which I just did when my hand slipped on the remote and I pressed 'OK' to 'delete all recordings' I'd recorded of it and I don't want to watch it on Catch-Up as you can't forward / rewind decently if you need to or forward adverts either. I want my recordings back. Can't believe you can't do it.

Something else which TiVo nor this 360 box does which I know Sky does, which is extremely useful, in fact, crucial sometimes, which is telling you how many episodes there is in a series on your TV Guide, saying say 1 / 4 means that that episode is episode 1 out of 4 in total. Very handy that is on Sky. So you know how many episodes there are in the series. Please add Virgin Media.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SpiralledMind wrote:

That was never how it worked either. If you deleted something, it just went into a deleted items folder. If you wanted to recover it, you could just go into that folder and recover it, you could set it to how long you wanted it stay in there on TiVo, a week, a month etc

TiVo software has never offered this option. You may be getting confused with the options under "my shows" for deciding how long to keep recordings for - the default being "until I delete" which then causes new recordings to fail if the HDD fills up.

Once in the recycle bin, the space is recovered as needed - not when you decide so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@SpiralledMind wrote:

................... there are 3 things I hate on this 360 box, really hate. I hate how it records multiple programmes from various channels when you set a series link, Gogglebox being a frustrating one at the moment and seemingly you can't stop it doing that, 2 - how it doesn't tell you when the show / recording first aired like my TiVo used to. It was handy to know if it was this years series or a repeat from a previous year (and that putting New isn't as good as that, the programme might not be new and you might want to just know when an old programme was first aired if you know it isn't this year) and 3 - what this topic is about, the aggravating can't recover an accidentally deleted recording, which I just did when my hand slipped on the remote and I pressed 'OK' to 'delete all recordings' I'd recorded of it and I don't want to watch it on Catch-Up as you can't forward / rewind decently if you need to or forward adverts either. I want my recordings back. Can't believe you can't do it.

There are older threads than this asking for an undelete option so I guess it's not going to happen so you will just need to be more careful when deleting, I admit it doesn't help when the main recording list drop's down and you can just press OK to play the next recording but when you have a series and you delete an episode it drops to the delete option not the play option so if you are too quick that's another episode deleted.

360 doesn't record a series link across multiple channels like the V6 could they are channel specific so I guess you need to use the advanced options when setting a series link and select the new only option so it doesn't record repeats.

I assume your hand slipped and you accidentally deleted a series not all your recordings because to do that you need to go to Manage storage, enter your PIN, select the Fast clean-up options and then select Delete all recordings.

crazygoog
Dialled in

This lack of undelete feature really hacks me off. Having had the 360 now for a number of years, I thought I had got used to it. However, today had hit a new low. Someone I know was on the local news a few years ago, so we kept that recording. Having been deleting subsequent episodes daily, I decided I no longer wanted the series link. So I deleted today's episode and asked it to delete all future recordings. Instead, it's decided to delete the original recording as well that I wanted to keep, despite only deleting today's episodes and future recordings. Absolutely gutted to have lost this recording, and will never get it back again. Why on Earth have virgin not added this simple feature?