cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Record from 360 Mini Box

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've had 360 for a year now, but for the last 8 months, I haven't been able to set recordings from my mini box. Please can someone here pick this up and arrange a swap or engineer visit, as I think I've been more than patient:

• Unable to set recordings from mini box since May 2021
  • Customer service advised me this would be rectified with a future firmware update
  • Reported issue again in October 2021 and was told I 'wasn't eligible for a swap or engineer visit'
  • Advised the issue would be raised with the Technical team and fixed remotely

Without sounding rude, I don't want to be told to reboot the box and be patronised with a scripted response. I just want the issue fixed.

• Remote control works fine
  • Both boxes have the latest software
  • Reboots and resets have never resolved the issue
  • All other functions of the mini work perfectly (including streaming recordings from the main box)
  • When I press Record on the mini's remote, nothing happens
  • If I access a programme's info page and select the Record option, nothing happens
  • Called customer services again today as a final attempt at being allowed a swap or visit and was told the issue will be raised to the Technical team and fixed remotely - I was told this in October and know I'm just being fobbed off

I'd be really grateful if this could be resolved for me, as it's just one of those examples of Virgin's very poor overseas customer service.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

The mini box doesn't have a hard drive so all recordings are made on the main box.

You need to ensure your main box is switched so it can record anything you set up from the minibox.  The main box should be on Fast Start.

To test put both boxes on Fast Start and reboot them, then try and record a short program from the mini and check it on the main 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I’m fully aware the mini doesn’t have a hard drive. I think my post was very clear - it’s not possible to set recordings from the mini box at all. It used to work up until last May. Virgin have acknowledged the issue, though haven’t dealt with it very well.

The mini box clearly has a fault and needs swapping or an engineer out to fix it. I’m technically advanced so fully aware the boxes need to be set to fast start etc., which they are.

If I continue to be refused a fix, I’ll discuss ending my contract early. I think waiting 8 months for a fix (which clearly isn’t coming) is more than patient of me.

I’ve seen a couple of similar posts in the forum, and whilst this might not be an issue affecting many people, I don’t like being told by Virgin that I’m not eligible for a box swap or engineer visit. One forum member had their box replaced which fixed the issue. There’s a fault here and I’ve spent 8 months troubleshooting just to entertain Virgin’s advisers who read from scripts.

I’m not even annoyed by the fault itself. I’m annoyed it’s taken 8 months of knowingly being fobbed off with future updates will fix it and repeatedly been told it’s been raised to the Technical team who will fix it remotely - when I know full well that won’t happen.

No disrespect to you, newapollo… I’m just frustrated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called Retentions at a last-ditch attempt to get this resolved. Spoke to who I thought was a lovely lady who took ownership of the issue. She said she’d sort an engineer visit then passed me to an overseas call centre without even informing me. Unbelievable!

Explained my issue AGAIN and did all the scripted tasks only to be told this is a known issue and will be fixed in the future. I was told this 8 months ago. For my sanity, I ended the call. I am beyond angry now and just hope the Forum team have got some authority over those clowns on the phone. Keeping my cool and being nice clearly isn’t working. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting account as clearly no one from Virgin gives a s***

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've deleted your account so won't be able to reply, but just by means of some background...

This is primarily a user-community forum where the vast majority of replies you will have (including these) are from fellow users who contribute to this forum in our spare time to help others with knowledge gained over the years. VIP users do have some back-channels into VM staff where the circumstances warrant it, but we are still just customers like you.

Where peer-based support is inappropriate, or where flagged by a VIP user, then staff can and do get involved. But this forum is not a real-time service and staff replies will usually take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is primarily a customer information exchange forum. The staff backup kicks in after a day or so, so don't expecting responses immediately isn't going to happen.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks