cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned recordings not showing on TV 360

vincentav8
Tuning in

Hi, I recently upgraded from Tivo/V6 to TV 360.

I quite like the layout and there's some good features ... BUT ... recording TVs shows is not the easiest. I recorded the F1 highlights on Channel 4 last weekend and set it up as a series link ... it worked for the weekend but now when i look under the menu item 'Recordings' and 'View all' there is nothing in there. This is true for all the series links I have (tried to) set up

and if I search for Formula 1 from the main menu, I can see all the Sky Sports episodes that are coming up, but nothing for Channel 4?

I occasionally like to confirm that i have set up a programme to record, and currently I don't know if the series links are valid or not??

previous answers to this question seem to relate to an older version of the software that has a 'saved' menu item ... mine doesn't have this ... just a 'recordings' menu item

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tavis75
Super solver

Yes, the 360 box does not have a Series Link manager like the V6\TiVo had, so you can only see (and set up) recordings and series links for programs that are currently in the TV guide (as the next GP is not util next weekend I'm guessing that the guide for Channel 4 is not up to date enough to include it, but the Sky Sports guide is, as Sky seems to update their schedules further ahead than the terrestrial channels). The series link is probably set up (unless the 360 has randomly deleted it like it sometimes does) so will likely appear shortly.

You'll likely find a number of areas where the 360 is inferior to the V6\TiVo, especially in regards to Series Links (its main purpose)

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tavis75
Super solver

Yes, the 360 box does not have a Series Link manager like the V6\TiVo had, so you can only see (and set up) recordings and series links for programs that are currently in the TV guide (as the next GP is not util next weekend I'm guessing that the guide for Channel 4 is not up to date enough to include it, but the Sky Sports guide is, as Sky seems to update their schedules further ahead than the terrestrial channels). The series link is probably set up (unless the 360 has randomly deleted it like it sometimes does) so will likely appear shortly.

You'll likely find a number of areas where the 360 is inferior to the V6\TiVo, especially in regards to Series Links (its main purpose)

roy247
Superstar

Hi vincentav8,

When you go to Recordings you should see Recorded and Planned Recordings, go to Planned Recordings, See All, any series link's that are due to be recorded will be listed there.

Thanks for this, so I'm not going mad.
Seems a bit of a backwards step not being able to manage series links ... and even more backwards that just because it's not within the current 2 week schedule that nothing is shown in planned recordings .... oh well I hope they catch up with the features soon

This is what I'm posting about ... There is nothing showing in Planned recordings ... 'see all'.
I've learnt now there is no series link manager where you can view future series recordings ... they only appear to show up if they are scheduled within the next week or two

Thanks for this, so I'm not going mad.
Seems a bit of a backwards step not being able to manage series links ... and even more backwards that just because it's not within the current 2 week schedule that nothing is shown in planned recordings .... oh well I hope they catch up with the features soon

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To be fair, even on TiVo, anything not in the two week epg can’t appear in planned recordings.

So, in that respect, TV 360 is exactly the same.

However, as you say, there is no manage series link facility with TV 360. On TiVo, manage series link would show a greyed out series if nothing is scheduled.

Both systems correctly don’t schedule a program which is not due to be broadcast in the two week period.

As someone who has had TV 360 for over two years, I trust it to schedule correctly and it does, same as TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks