cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No RF signal

Pengy666
Tuning in

Seems a regular thing, customer for 2 weeks and as others here have found a complete loss of services to VM already. 

I have a No RF signal detected, and annoyingly virgin cannot get a technician out for 4 days!!

fuming is an understatement, it’s got to be a late April fools joke surely.

my question is, someone surely must have an idea on what has caused the outage, there’s no issues in my area but what baffles me is surely, the Live tv should work still!!

I’m about to smash the box of the wall outside, cut their cable and call my previous fttc isp and ask for previous services to be switched back on! 

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pengy666 wrote:

I’ve instructed my bank to hold my direct debit as at this point it’s a breach of contract

Be very careful doing this, with full knowledge of the potential consequences. You have a residential service contract, which doesn't come with any contractual SLAs. I'd recommend taking a read of the T&C here - clause F3 covers faults and VM agree to restore service "as promptly as possible".

If your regular payments aren't made, then you should expect... 1: late payment fees, 2: potential suspended services, 3: possible entries on your credit file. All three are guaranteed ways to make a simple fault scenario, a whole lot worse for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your input, no it hasn’t been touched. I’ve shut down, reset unplugged and replugged everything constantly for hours now. It is in the lounge and I was watching playback in the bedroom at 5am when it just lost all connection to all services. It was fairly cold this morning so I suspect the box outside is broken. I’ve even checked those connectors too

Hi Pengy666,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you for your first post!

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing issues with your broadband and TV services. I haven't been able to find the back end of your services from here, so I'm going to pop you over a private message so I can take some details and look into this for you.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope

Thanks

Beth

Update:

all on, engineer visit today tested and found fibre optic line to house failed. New line required. Guy marked it urgent and it was replaced within 3 hours.

4 days no tv or internet, one unpaid day off and £56 of bolt on mobile data.

Not a happy customer right now even if it is fixed. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pengy666

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear the issue is fixed now. But I understand this has been a negative experience for you and I would like to apologise for the stress and inconvenience caused. Would you like me to raise a complaint for you regarding the matter?

Best wishes,

Serena

Yes please, I am hugely disappointed that no one has been in contact in relation to this issue and how much of an inconvenience it has been.
The worst part about it is how I know this is going to happen again as they have pulled the cable between a tree and during the heavy wind it’s being hit by branches.

where is the logic 🤷🏻

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pengy666

I have sent you a private message now so that we can get a complaint raised. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena