cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of shocking HD Quality

TouchingCloth
Up to speed
  • Tune in now to the mnf wsl on sky premier league channel. Studio images are criminal. Please Virgin, have a word, this is not acceptable.

6 REPLIES 6

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi, TouchingCloth,

I've just taken a look and yes, the studio picture is awful ... Not the first time either & FYI: I'm on a V6 not 360 !

You would have thought that 'colour' TV had just come out, let alone 'HD' Quality images.

Terrible.

😠

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TouchingCloth

Sorry to hear of the picture quality issues with the content shown on Sky Premier League channel. It's not the level of service we aim to provide and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Has this improved since your post? Do you experience this on other channels at all? If you have more than 1 set top box, is the quality the same across all boxes?

Rob

Hi Rob,

It's all sky sports chanels. They vary wildly from mediocre to downright abysmal in terms of picture clarity compared with other sports broadcasts from BT, BBC etc. 

Sky are obviously compressing the feeds and reducing bandwidth to such an extent that the picture quality is suffering.

Close ups on competitors will look reasonable, but as soon as shots pan out, the clarity and crispness is intolerable. Pitches look like a smudge of green, fast moving shots leave artifact beyond the capabilities of my TV to process out. This is not the case with other broadcaster. 

I am paying a premium for sky Sports HD and not receiving it.  I'm not blaming Virgin for the quality of the broadcast, but I am paying you for a product that does not meet its description. 

If I paid a high price for F1 car, I would not expect to be sent the scalextric version. 

Hi TouchingCloth

Thanks for replying 

We understand where you are coming from 

Sadly we are not able to assist with the cist of the Premium content on here 

But we can go away and feed back the picture quality to the relevant team 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I appreciate the reply. Please ensure you include the various other post/topic which refer to the very same subject. 

Phoning the customer service team is pointless, as soon as you're asked to switch off the box and reset etc, It's evident that you are going to be hitting your head against a brick wall. 

Hi TouchingCloth, 

Thank you for your reply and apologies for the delay in response. 

We will ensure that all relevant information is provided within the feedback sent.

Thanks

Nat