cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t watch recorded programmes on 360 mini

Janey77
Tuning in

Hi, I can’t seem to be able to access any recorded programmes on the 360 mini. Have tried rebooting. Can however watch stuff on the 360 box. Checked diagnostics and says all connected. 
Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks 

19 REPLIES 19

roy247
Community elder

Hi Janey,

I used to get similar problems with the Tivo V6, both boxes could see the recordings on the other box but neither would play, it just said something like the other box is not responding. What I had to do was go into the network settings and reconnect both boxes to the internet even though they both said everything was OK. This sometimes needed doing a couple of times as sometimes one box would play the others recordings but not the other way. Also a box restart was sometimes required. Hope this helps. 

Hi thanks for your help! I did a factory reset on the main 360 box and I can now watch recordings on the mini 360. It did say I had to subscribe to each channel at first, but then it said watch from start as usual.

Hi Janey77, thanks for the post and we are glad to hear that this is now resolved. Please let us know if you require any further assistance? Chris 

When you factory reset will I lose my recorded programs and scheduled recordings?

@Tarquinj79 wrote:

When you factory reset will I lose my recorded programs and scheduled recordings?

Not on the 360.  You will keep most of your settings (IIRC you'll need to set Match Frame Rate back to "On" and the Dolby Audio back to whatever you had it set to - if you haven't touched these settings then this won't apply) and all your recordings, series links, profile settings, etc.  It will, however, reset Netflix, Amazon and iPlayer - you'll need to sign in again.

gthind51
On our wavelength

My 360 and mini box was installed 5 days ago now it will not play some recordings. Also it isn’t deleting programmes.
The message onscreen says the box is offline. I have spent 3 hours on the phone to VM but they can’t see what the issue is. Connectivity is showing fine. Help someone please. I am losing it now.

We’ve had untold issues since this was installed. Prior to this VM deleted our V6 boxes without our instruction, then we lost all viewing services completely. 

We are the exact same, we have had technicians come to the house and even they can't fix it! Recordings won't record when asked or won't play when they do record. Unable to delete recordings and its recording shows we didn't ask to record. Sometimes it starts to work again, and then it breaks. It's been months with this problem and no one can solve it. I don't see how this box can be an upgrade. We have also had about 3 replacement boxes to try solve it. 

Has anyone got any help with this? Texting Virgin, calling Virgin, getting a technician out, none of it works! We've been with Virgin for years with TV and just moved to them for broadband, so had to upgrade to 360 box. Not happy with the service.

Have you tried setting the boxes to "Fast Start" in the settings? Settings>System>Standby Power Consumption

This can resolve a lot of recording and recording playback issues.  It's worth a try and it'll rule something else out if it doesn't work. 

Hi @emd2021,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the recording on the 360 mini box. 

I have been unable to locate your account using your Forum details so I will pop you a PM now to grab some more info.

Speak soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your suggestion @paul0363

It would be great if you could try this @emd2021 and if you notice no difference let me know via PM. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs