cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing mobile sim only plan

redeye2
Joining in

Hello

At the moment I have a 6GB with unlimited texts and minutes for £8.21 on a 30 day rolling contract. I've just tried to get that changed to a lower price on the phone to a chap (not uk) and he tells me that I can't have a new plan with my existing number, I have to have a new sim and number. How come I can't reduce the monthly payment to £6 or £7 as on the website without changing everything, I though it would be simple, as it use to be.

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey redeye2, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

This could be because there is a soft lock on your account, if you are currently in the progress of being migrated to O2 it wouldn't let us change anything whilst this is going on.

Once this has gone through you would be able to upgrade. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey redeye2, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

This could be because there is a soft lock on your account, if you are currently in the progress of being migrated to O2 it wouldn't let us change anything whilst this is going on.

Once this has gone through you would be able to upgrade. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

redeye2
Joining in

Thanks for the reply. Yes there is a soft lock on my account and checking my emails, which were lost but managed to get some back, it tells me I have a new O2 plan from 17th June but apparently I haven't. Do I need to wait till its all switched over before i can change anything?

Thanks for the reply. Yes there is a soft lock on my account and checking my emails, which were lost but managed to get some back, it tells me I have a new O2 plan from 17th June but apparently I haven't. Do I need to wait till its all switched over before i can change anything?

Yes that is correct, also with this new plan it should of included more data at the double the data.

Did you get the email / text with all this information on? 

Also the price will remain the same. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes I've found the email that tells me I shall have the new plan from 17th June or whenever I get changed over for the same price

Thanks

Great news this should also tell you what would be in it, and these are only 30 days rolling plans so you can change anytime you wish. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?