cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales calls from 02081xx xxxx

AndyR98
Tuning in

I've recently been getting calls on my VM mobile from numbers starting 02081 offering me a new O2 deal with big discounts.

The callers do not know my name when I ask who they want to speak to. I am already on an 18-month discount plan with several months to run.

Are these calls genuine? How can I tell in future if any similar calls are genuine? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AndyR98 

I've heard back and they are not O2 numbers, apologies for the delayed reply.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @AndyR98 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

This would normally be one for the O2 community - https://community.o2.co.uk/ but if you can let me know the full number that they're calling from, I'll check :).

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

AndyR98
Tuning in

02081378xxx

[MOD EDIT: number obtained. Edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed. ]

Also 02081911xxx

[MOD EDIT: number obtained and edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

Cheers, have asked a colleague now for you :).

John_GS
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Comes up on the O2 Community on a regular basis.

O2 do not cold call, nor do they offer discounts and they are not O2 numbers

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Scam-Alert-Vishing-Smishing-amp-Phishing-Megaguide/td-p/1...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @AndyR98 

I've heard back and they are not O2 numbers, apologies for the delayed reply.

John_GS
Forum Team

Good afternoon @AndyR98 

Those are not genuine numbers so thanks for being vigilant. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team