cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have let yourselves down Virgin Mobile

gus0898uk
Dialled in

I have had a message saying my monthly tarriff to Virgin Mobile is going up over 11%, I am not sure if it is connected to the O2 merger, but whatever, a disgraceful act of profiteering.

Yes, I know I can move, Yes i know it comes within the T&C's

But morally, everyone knows🐖trough

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Same on every network (with the exception of Tesco) Usually 3.9% plus inflation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gus0898uk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we appreciate price rises are never welcome, 

as a business we are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation. 

Price changes enable us to invest money to improve our services for our customers. Every year we launch better services and unbeatable offers. For example, last year we introduced 5G at no extra charge, and we'll continue to ensure our customers get great value for money.

Regards

Paul.

For me price rises are welcome, I don't mind VM putting my tarriff up around 3.5% annually, the same with car insurance, etc etc
Do you think if I email Mr Sunak and say to him "I am not immune to rising costs etc etc" he will increase my state pension by 11.7%?
I have just resigned my contract with Virgin Media for another 18 months, and yes, I am happy to pay a bit more to help VM better their services.