cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to forward scam text to 7726

Davdt
On our wavelength

I received scam text and tried to forward to 7726 but said unable to send . Haven’t had this problem with previous provider EE . Is this specific to virgin mobile ? 

15 REPLIES 15

But I'm not a virgin customer, so the 7726 number does not work for me

blocking numbers is not the answer, they need to be reported so that the technical teams can provide a solution to prevent these type of messages. Bear in mind that these messages are being sent to minor, the elderly or the not so savvy who need help and guidance. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andyhallme wrote:

But I'm not a virgin customer, so the 7726 number does not work for me

As I understand it all the main mobile phone operators support the 7726 spam reporting number so it doesn't matter that you are not a Virgin customer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @andyhallme

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Were the callers pretending to be ourselves and are they coming from the same mobile number?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I also found it did not work on lycamobile/02.

The forwarded text goes to the outbox and stays there, and then goes to drafts.

It Says that it cannot be sent, so may be that dumb phones do not send or the operator blocks 7726 free texts to Ofcom.

I was getting another person's Lloyds banking messages for 9 months and more recently snapchat.

I have reported the messages to Lloyds bank, who admit sending most of them but some are fake.

alf28

Hi Alf28, thank you for coming back to us. 

So sorry to hear of these issues, we have a policy on how to deal with fraudulent calls you can read here. 

Are you able to post a screenshot of the kind of messages you have been receiving? These may be helpful so we can raise this further internally for you. 

All the best. 

Molly