Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short code text messages

logindetails
On our wavelength

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/shortcodes

How would you translate this:

• You can also bar all incoming premium short code text messages. To add this service just call 789 from your Virgin mobile phone, or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone to speak to us, and we’ll activate it for you free of charge

When I called 789 to bar incoming short code texts I was told there is no such service and all that can be done is to set my spending cap to zero and for me to text 'STOP' to any short code messages I do receive. 

I don't want to receive short code texts in the first place - this doesn't sound like a service to me, does it to you?

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Never a straight answer from 789

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Of course I don't want to bar short code messages coming from my bank etc.  The statement on the Virgin Mobile website states:

"You can also bar all incoming premium short code text messages."

Notice the inclusion of the word "premium" - it is those short code messages I want to bar and VM imply there's a service that can be switched on to do this.  Apparently this 'service' consists of setting your spending cap to zero which I can do myself.  Also setting a zero spending cap is no answer if you use mms or other services that are not included in your package.  

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @logindetails

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Have you managed to bar the premium short code messages by setting the spending cap to zero?

If you require any further assistance, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide