cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not provisioned for voice

mobileForum
Joining in

Hi there,

After an account query in store last Friday (6 Oct 2023) my phone disconnected from the network. I returned to the store yesterday (12 Oct 2023) and they provided me with a new SIM. However, 27 hours later I'm still receiving this 'SIM not provisioned for voice' message so I believe something else is not correct on my account/SIM. Any assistance would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mobileForum 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of any mobile issues with the SIM. 

Please contact O2 directly, either via calling 202, or you can use the online contact us

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

mobileForum
Joining in

Hi John_GS,

Thank you for your response, however, I don't have an O2 account and recovery is not possible on their website as they require a UK number and will attempt to verify via an SMS message. The second option - call them is not possible as my phone is not working.

I have received no confirmation that my mobile account was transferred to O2 so at this point I believe the account is still with virgin mobile.

mobileForum
Joining in

O2 Customer service response - "Before you move over to O2, you can reach Virgin Mobile as normal. After the switchover, for help with any queries, you can ask us."

Hi @mobileForum 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I'll send you a PM now.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @mobileForum 

Thanks for the PM but sadly we only deal with UK accounts. https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ - this is the online contact us option for Ireland. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team