cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 with WiFi calling

RobWatson
Joining in
  • I have a pixel 6 with WiFi calling. I have turned o on WiFi calling in settings, but when I try to make a call, it says that I'm not connected to a network and tells me to connect to a WiFi network. I am already connected to my WiFi network.  Please can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Unfortunately the Pixel 6 does not support Virgin Mobile's version of WiFi Calling.

Although even where you do have a device that supports Virgin Mobile's WiFi Calling it needs to be active on the SIM as well as the device to work, and that's not always the case. Customer Services can check and activate the service on the SIM.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

39 REPLIES 39

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Unfortunately the Pixel 6 does not support Virgin Mobile's version of WiFi Calling.

Although even where you do have a device that supports Virgin Mobile's WiFi Calling it needs to be active on the SIM as well as the device to work, and that's not always the case. Customer Services can check and activate the service on the SIM.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

A slightly old thread, so I wondered if things have changed since the switch to O2?

Does WiFi calling now work on Pixel phones, in my case specifically the Pixel 4?

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The present switch to O2 won't change things as it only involved use of their signal.

However, throughout this year Virgin users will be moved to O2 proper and become O2 customers. O2 do offer WiFi Calling on the Pixel 6.

Not sure where Virgin stand with this phone, but WiFi Calling will need to be switched on at account level before it can be switched on in your phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info. What is the best way to contact VMobile to get a definitive answer about WiFI calling on the Pixel 4?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cancunia wrote:
Thanks for the info. What is the best way to contact VMobile to get a definitive answer about WiFI calling on the Pixel 4?

Probably best waiting for a member of the forum team on here. Customer Services are not reliable when it comes to answering 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, I've had a similar experience with Lebara, ASDA, Smarty & others. In fairness, the first line support people get given a script to read from and have no idea if what the script says is correct.
I'm now wary of joining any mobile provider without knowing for sure if WiFi calling will work.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cancucia, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the community. 

I am very sorry but currently the Pixel 6 is not listed as supported for WiFi calling. 

If this changes, we will be sure to update you here

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks for the confirmation, in my case it's the Pixel 4 that I'm interested in, but am guessing it's the same answer?

Unfortunately, the link on what devices support WiFi calling do not work, at least for me!

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

My apologies cancunia, yes I can confirm the Pixel 4 is also not currently compatible sorry. 

Are you able to try the link on a different browser or device to see if it works? 

Thanks, 

Nat