cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call no sound

vcarrabin
Joining in

I have an intermittent problem when receiving calls on my mobile. I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. Often they hang up and call back and this fixes the problem. I also try restarting my handset but the problem still recurs.

I use a galaxy A10 handset but also tried the SIM in an iPhone 5s and got the same problem.

It has happened in different locations and at with different callers.  It is not a signal issue as the call connects fine but there is absolutely no sound at all from the start of the call.

It's having an affect now I'm working from home and I am missing work calls. Help please.

78 REPLIES 78

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Vcarrabin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry about the issues you've been having, this is odd. 

We would really need to gather some examples to see if this is happening when all networks call, if it happens on landlines as well ect and then we can bring this up with our networks team. 

Therefore I'll pop you a personal message and we can get the ball rolling. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team

WC14
Joining in

Did you get a solution on this one?

I have what sounds like a very similar problem, I have tried 3 different handsets, all of which work fine with a different virgin mobile sim card, I have had a new SIM card.

It is causing me great inconvenience, I have been tried to report a fault, but had great difficulty in getting a solution from Virgin Mobile, I'm now at the point where Im going to have to stop using the handset becuase its doesnt provide a good enough level of service.

Anyone got any ideas, solutions, all greatly recieved!

Getting very desperate! Might have to leave Virgin mobile because of it!

WC10 hello there the problem which you are experiencing is a well know problem to Virgin. I've had similar problems but worse.  The thing about it if and when you get to speak with an agent on 789 your for ever repeating yourself each time you call up, and they make you do the routine service checks. Keep at it and calling 789 or 03454541111 from a land-line or other network and ask to speak with a manger.

Hey @WC14,

Thanks for your post on the community and sorry to hear of the issues that you're having.

Is this just a problem with your new sim card and current handset. So is it just the current handset and your new sim card that is causing the problems. Did this start when you got your new sim card?

You mention a different Virgin Mobile sim, has this been tried in the current handset that you're having the sound issues with?

Regards

Steven_L

I am having exactly the same issue. Since moving to virgin people calle but can't hear me. Yet when I call them back all OK. Tried a new sim still the same put sim in a other handset still the same also at times I will get a missed call notification when my phone hasnt rang yet I have full signal I know this because this was me testing the phone when yjod jsoorbrd. I'm seriously considering leaving the network as its really affecting my work and personal life. 

It appears virgin are well aware of this issue but have got no fix. I only joined about a month ago but since I did I've regretted it as this issue is absolutely appalling in this day and age. I know film well when I call 789 they'll go through the same steps again that's already been done. I need answers and a solution quickly. 

Hi Keenan1987,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry you were having issues hearing people when they called, I can see you have spoken to us since your last post and turned off WIFI calling seems to have resolved the issue.

If this isn't the case and you still need help please let us know.

Kind regards

Paul.

Hi 

I moved to virgin mobile a few days ago. Since porting I have been able to make calls. However when I receive calls the caller isnt able to hear me and hangs up. Its really frustrating and I understand it's an issue faced by others who are with Virgin Mobile. I have read that some people have fixed this by switching off wifi calling. How do I go about doing that?

Hi Rehana06,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear your having problems with callers being unable to hear you after porting in to us, if you have WIFI calling enable please can you turn this off and try again?

I have tried to have a look our end however was unable to locate your account with the details we have for you.

Regards

Paul.

Steven_L,

Thanks for your reply.

We have anothew virgin SIM, which when put in any one of three handets we have works absolutely fine. If I put the SIM with the troublesome number in any of the tree handsets they all have the problem.  I have been sent a new SIM, this exibits exactly the same faults, again regardless of the handset.

These activities clearly eliminate a problem with the handset or the SIM, leaving only the network or the way the network is set up.

I note other people talking about disabling wifi calling, given the above activities, eliminating the handset and the SIM that this is a red herring. None of the handsets we have appear to have wifi calling as an option.

The problems statred occuring before the new SIM, on occarions the phone would display EE as the operator and prevent me access to mobile data unless I turned roaming on.

This has been ongoing now for approximately 6 weeks