cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 cut me off despite paying Virgin

Timwilky
Fibre optic

When VM advised they were moving me to O2 they said I would be charged but they would pay it.

So I ignored an overdue text from O2 as I was due to have my VM direct debit on 28th that included my phone on the ultimate oomph. 29th O2 cut me off forcing me to pay the bill I had already paid to VM by card to get my service reinstated.

VM/O2 couldn't organise a bonk in a brothel. Will I get a refund on having paid both VM and O2 for the same service?

I have not entered into any contract with O2 so assume my legacy T&C remains as is with Virgin..As in out of contract and can terminate without penalty.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky
3 REPLIES 3

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Timwilky 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see there has been some confusion ☹.

I will have to further investigate, I will have to private message you. 

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Timwilky
Fibre optic

Thanks to Arissa, it looks like I will get my VM payment refunded.

But this and other posts would indicate VM have made a right pigs ear of the migration. O2 think I pay by cheque despite many years of direct debit!

I have not received any communication and only the overdue payment text gave me  account number to enable me to log into the O2 site.

No sight of any contract. Expensive. I appear unable to set up a direct debit directly to ensure this does not happen again. It does not bode well. And no 5G, unlike 3 and vodafone.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

Hello Timwilky.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Glad to hear 1 part is now resolved for you.

If you need to chase the O2 side of things up. They do have a community like this here https://community.o2.co.uk/

It might be worth signing up.

Gareth_L