cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No calling on mobile?

Lil-Squabbit
Up to speed

Is there a problem with the virgin mobile network because non of our phones can make calls?

...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!
17 REPLIES 17

That might have been a fluke. I was able to make a couple of calls, but now can't again.

@nolly1953 wrote:

I have just found a possible solution: settings> mobile network > mobile data > network provider. Mine was on automatic. I have changed to Virgin 3G which seems to work. Let me know if it works for you.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work for us. What's more upsetting is the fact that VM is not even acknowledging that there is an issue. In reference to the previous comment about the forum being flooded, not everyone is aware this is an option, nor can they connect to VM as even their own, free, 789 service is unreachable.

...........................................................................................................

This on Twitter:  Hi Adele, we're sorry you're unable to make any calls from your mobile. We're experiencing systems issues at the moment and it may be that some customers are affected. We're looking into this and thank you for your patience. ^LCH

Just a heads up the down detector you linked was for the US. This is the UK one 😄

IS IT DOWN - VIRGINMEDIA 

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Lil-Squabit,

Sorry to hear of the mobile service issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forum.

I've taken a look at the masts and network in your area and barring one site there doesn't appear to be any known issues. There were some service and system issues impacting certain locations, has this improved today since your post as these issues appear to have now been resolved?

Rob

Hello nolly1953

Again, sorry to hear of the mobile service issues, I've checked your local area too and as with Lil-Squabit there doesn't seem to be any mast issues barring one site.

Has this improved you since your last post? I can see there has been some activity on your number.

Rob

The issue seemed to be all over the country, albeit on a small scale.  It was okay from Saturday morning.

Hi nolly1953, 

Thanks for your coming back to us on this and confirming things are resolved for you. 

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs