cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone Inoperative

skiprat1965
Tuning in

Migrated my number from Vodaphone and ordered a new Samsung S23+ July 23, however the phone developed a fault during mid October and is unusable. Since the contract has been taken out, the airtime plans has moved to O2, but not the device contract. I have spoken to Virgin and O2 (once on the same call lasting well over an hour, speeking to many people) and both tell me its not their problem to rectify and could not help. I have had to revert to my old S20+, which is teetering on the brink. In short I am paying for a new phone that I can not use, it feels like the best wat to remedy this issue is to stop the direct debit and see who comes after the money.

Any ideas would be welcome.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, skiprat1965.
Thank you for taking the time to post on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your handset and that our mobile teams didn't help with this on your call previously, we'd love to see how we can best assist you.

Firstly, we'd like to advise that a handset purchased directly from us would remain on our records as a credit agreement, although you've moved to O2 mobile network and services after this which means your SIM plan is provided separately by O2.

Are you looking to make a claim regarding the device as seen here or get help with something else, just to understand more?
Please, let us know and we'd be eager to support you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Adri

As the phone is only a few months old, it will be under warranty. I have been trying to report the fault so it can be collected and sent to your repair centre, but no one was listening at Virgin & O2 were right.

Regards

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing more on this and sorry to see what has happened, I will be able to look into things for you by sending you a PM here shortly to share more details.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs