cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my old landline number 4 days after switch over

natepowell01
Joining in

Hi.

My mum left sky to virgin and finally had this completed on Friday. The engineer was great managed to get everything sorted after a month of waiting for replacement cables etc.

Tried ringing her this morning (Monday) and the phone line said. 'You have dialled an incorrect number' thought this was strange. I phoned her mobile and got on with my day. She has rang me tonight and her number is now a completely different number. She has had her old number for 30+ years and is in her 70's and to be honest is has been a bit of a shambles getting her transferred over to you guys.

As I have said before she in her 70's and its affecting her and now its affecting me.  Please help.  

9 REPLIES 9

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Did she ask for her number to be ported from Sky?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @natepowell01,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that your mother seems to have a landline number you're not familiar with. Did she request to have it transferred from her previous provider to us? Do you know if the service with her previous provider is still active or is that now fully disconnected?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi. 

She confirmed with the engineer at the time that her number was gonna transferred. It worked for the four days. I rang sky yesterday as her broadband was still active so got them to deactivate that. How do I find out whether she has been fully disconnected from sky?

Yeah I ask virgin when originally started the switch

Hi @natepowell01,

You would need to contact Sky and explain what's happened. The landline service would need to be live with them so that the number is active and available for porting.

Once you've got confirmation from the previous provider that the number is live with them, the account holder will then need to make contact with us to request and process the port. They can either make a forum account themselves and we can assist them with this, or they can contact the team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

Alternatively, if neither of those options are appropriate, all of our other contact information can be found here.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

What I don't understand is why it has been working and now it's stopped? Virgin installed all new cables to enable mum to have the switch over so it's been using virgin cables since Friday what's changed? 

Thanks for the help so far. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I find your posts confusing. Are you saying the number was ported and working on VM last Friday, but now she has a different number?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Roger.

As far as I was concerned when the engineer left mum's on Friday he had completed the switch and ported the number over to vm. He confirmed that she was gonna keep her number. And this was the number that had been working for the last 4 days. But tonight she rang me on a different new landline number.... 

Just to confirm @natepowell01 After the installation, was she able to call her landline from her old number? If so, disconnecting her Sky services should not have affected the landline. Also, has she been in contact with our team since this occurred? If so, what was discussed?

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs