cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile mast causing internet loss

nettech-x
Tuning in

How do I report a a 5g problem at Piccadilly gardens (next to McDonalds) in Manchester city centre.

Every time my phone connects to this mast (LTE: 57373-2105874-429?)  I loose the internet. Have to drop down to 4g for data to work.   I shouldn't have to change or drop down to 4g every time I go to the city centre.  When connecting to any other mast in the Manchester 5g works just fine.  Just this one rouge mast.

You don't make it exactly easy to report such faults ..

18 REPLIES 18

nettech-x
Tuning in

Travelled again through Manchester on the tram from Abraham moss. Using Network Cell Info app. Observing and testing internet connection to 5g masts along the way. Everything works fine until passing through Piccadilly Gardens, no internet of no connection to a past until out of range of Piccadilly gardens.

On return journey from Altrincham, the same problem when hitting Piccadilly gardens. Travelled on an extra stop to Crumpsall Manchester. Would like to report the same problem, Network cell info app reported no connection to a mast until walking out of the range of Crumpsall tram station.

Never had these issues with three on my Samsung S21 ultra.  Only difference is with virgin moved to an Esim.

Please report these issues to Vodafone.

Agree with a members comments in this thread, it’s a cop out to say its not virgin problem. These issues need to be resolved and virgin should be putting pressure on Vodafone to resolve them without preferential treatment to Vodafone customers.

Question, In city or town centre hot spots, do Vodafone reserve the best bands for their customers, shifting virgin customers to the lower problematic bands.

I'm going to see what band is being used in the area I have an issue in that is when going into Ashton underlyne and all through the town centre and I will report back.

I did check the support of bands on my phone Xiamoi MI 10 and band 7 LTE is supported.

Can someone from virgin please provide an update on this issue reported over a week ago.

At Piccadilly gardens Manchester again Today, still same issue, connected to 5g but no Internet.

The same around Crumpsall  tram station. Today at Tesco Cheetham Hill,  connected to 5g, tried to pay using Tesco +,  no internet, had to drop down to LTE.

Virgin offer 5g, but it is unusable in many areas were there is 5g coverage, using my Samsung S21 5g Ultra.

Please update on what virgin are doing to resolve this problem

Hello nettech-x

As we have previously advised mast is Vodafones property

Which is being looked into 

There is not really much else we can do to assist on this matter 

Gareth_L

LOL ..  blame somebody else.  What information have got back from Vodafone after logging the problem 

Can you advise, is ENDC (intra-node) enabled at these at sites.

As the mast is managed and maintained by Vodafone nettech-x we don't have access to it's specific's I'm afraid.

Rob

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Vodafone rarely give information on their systems to outside organisations. I doubt that even as  Vodafone customer you will get the information you want.

From my own observations Vodafone run their 5G NSA in conjunction with LTE as is expected  My software indicates this to be on different mast ID. City Centre Liverpool the 5G seems to be paired with 2600Mhz in most areas.

Outside the Centre I am seeing 5G on 2100Mhz (Dynamic System Sharing with LTE) and being paired with LTE 800MHz

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Yes Manchester city centre is the same .. 5g 2600Mhz, moving out of the city toward cheetham hill  2100Mhz.  M/c Picadilly still no data when connected to 5g 

Just up the road 4 miles away. At home I am connected (serviced by  mast 57361 LTE Band 1 (IMT) 2152.2 Mhz  and  2142.3,  occasionally the  2142.4 changes to 806 Mh.  Walking toward this mast, as soon as I get within 200 wards I am swithced to  5g ... when switching to 5g , same as Piccadilly no data/internet.  Walking back a few paces, switches back LTE Band 1  2142.3 Mhz,  data and internet back on.  Confused, are you saying has something to do with pairing 4g and 5g 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've no idea as to how Vodafone configure things. I know when I'm on 5G I see two signals on NetMonster at the same time, one carrying 5G and one LTE

I can't say I have seen your problem in my home city of Liverpool or away in Bristol. The two places I get the biggest 5G coverage. 

I have to admit I'm not with Virgin but Vodafone direct

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks