cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have used Roaming perfectly in Europe but suddenly cannot make outgoing calls. All incoming and data

mikenjill
Joining in

My I Phone X  has suddenly stopped allowing outgoing calls whilst I am roaming in Spain.  Incoming calls and texts (both outgoing and incoming) and all data appear to work fine.  Have contacted Virgin Help using alternative phone who said they would reset device parameters, but still no change.  When I try to make a phone call all I get is three beeps then nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should see

Movistar, Orange or Vodafone 

You need to try the last two

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mikenjill, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear you're having issues with making calls whilst abroad. 

When turning WiFi off on the device are you able to to make calls then?

Can you also reboot your handset for me? Make sure you are leaving the handset off for a few minutes. 

Once back on, ensure you have no software updates that need running. 

Pop back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mikenjill
Joining in

Thanks for responding.

Well turning Wi-Fi off makes no difference, and I have already turned off and re-booted twice, the second time I left the phone off all night.

The frustrating thing is that it was working perfectly for the first couple of weeks we were out here, and EVERY other facility continues to operate whether it is incoming calls, internet, texts (incoming and outgoing).

It is as though the Virgin system has decided I have exceeded my allowances and blocked outgoing calls - whereas I have loads of allowance left.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you manually tried selecting a different network to the one you are on at present?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

No I haven't tried that.  The mobile signal from Movistar is minimum 2 bars inside my home so assumed that ok.

Any guidance possible on selecting a network manually (I am over 60 years off being a teenager, so this does not come easily to me)

OK, have now found how to do that but has not fixed problem.  I did choose the Movistar network for manual as all the others were UK netwoks.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should see

Movistar, Orange or Vodafone 

You need to try the last two

I cannot thank you enough.  I have switched to Yoigo and BINGO!

Presume it would work on the other networks also - but will follow the maxim 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' for now.

Top marks for your advice and for the opportunity of this Forum.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us & letting us know you have managed to get this resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M