cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up !!

severnbore
Fibre optic

So, again changes for PAYG ... last time they gave me a Mobiwire phone .... well!  

OK so hubby has a  Virgin £6 pm contact sim.  We decided to get a family mobile package.  SIMPLE!!

SIMPLE 

2 X £8 PER MONTH, less family discount.  £14 to existing Virgin media customers

The website is IMPOSSIBLE, last week I thought I'd placed the order,  I got an email immediately but on reflection  it was really a confirmation that I'd visited the site & accepted the settings.

I have tried and tried and tried, in several browsers to set this up.  IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.  The website is useless.  I tried so many times, so many browsers.

As for talking to someone,  I didn't know if I was on one of Kitboga scambaiters sites or really I had made the phone call.

PLEASE VIRGIN SORT YOURSELF OUT,  so PAY AS YOU GO CUSTOMERS can change.  Or I suppose we can go elsewhere.  Or is it you haven't integrated your programming to the O2 system.

Please, I DO NOT WANT TO BE BROW BEATED IN MARATHON 3 HOUR PHONE CALLS to renew a package I never wanted, had to cancel & now waiting to send the new hub back.  Just to renew one pay as you go mobile phone!

I don't expect a response.  But when I go to my mobile phone account  and it shows a link to FAMILY PLANS - I expect that it is where it would go.  Not end up back to where I started!  The whole set up to simply buy a SIM is impossible.

5 REPLIES 5

severnbore
Fibre optic

Can it get worse.  Well...............  yes.  So I've cleared all cookies, auto-fill in the browser and started again and again and again to order

2 x £8 SIM cards family plan with £2 discount.  I eventually go to the check out - asked if I was a Virgin mobile customer etc, to sign in and BANG error:

Ajax Request Error: 0:error  << whatever that is

So still nothing.  No check out - no cards on their way

I REFUSE TO ORDER ON THE PHONE 

So earlier today,  I looked up Virgin media for their shop in town.  Been sometime since I bothered with town, since so much out of town & outline shopping. Checked the website - yes in town, same place, being Sunday looked at the times open  GUESS WHAT >>>>  CLOSED DOWN & GONE <<<<<  BUT STILL ON THE WEBSITE.  

UNBELIEVEABLE.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are no Virgin shops now  Online or phone orders only

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello severnbore

Sorry to hear of the problems setting up your mobile account, we understand the frustration this can cause. 

As enlli has advised we no longer have any open stores, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused by the trip you made based off of the information on our website we'll be sure to pass this to the team to help improve the service and experience received by our customers.

Although we aren't able to process your request here via the forum we do have these alternate contact methods, you can also text the team your query for free on 07533 051 809  between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Rob

severnbore
Fibre optic

Could this saga ever get worse,  well of course it could and of course it did.  I really don't understand why Virgin & O2 have so go their knickers in a twist.

First I'm or should I say my husband is sold BOLT,  which when the ONLY SIM arrived and not the FAMILY Two deal,  I realised it was wrong, besides I don't want a new hub unless it comes with a man who will go up a ladder at get down the CCTV cameras (don't ask)    SO I CANCELLED eventually.  wow I was requested to return the hub - DONE.  Got the message as in CANCELLED - but of course I was charged.  Then I spent FOREVER, yet again trying to sort this out, was told they carried out a refund and I AGREED THEN to cancel the standing order (you know you don't want to remain with an open contract then get into the murky waters of the cancellation not be registered) was the account refunded, of course not. 

Back to the two Virgin family SIMS, @ £8 each discounted by £2 = £14.   Now the idea was  that my husband who is with Virgin\contract monthly Mobile for £6, would then get his PAC code and cancel his contract,  now being on Virgin family plan, with me,  as we are VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMERS.  Originally going back to Telewest! that is how long we have been with Virgin.

But guest what, NO THAT IS NOT ALLOWED.  First my pay as you go, I decided that I would just go with the new SIM and its number THROW AWAY MY MobiWire that Virgin gave me, complete with SIM probably the £70 credit.  So back to my husband.  Three operators later, more faffing around that you could ever imagine. NO WAY WOULD THEY TRANSFER THE old NUMBER.  It simply can not be done he was told.  So, they then went into his account which was another problem, as the there is his MOBILE ACCOUNT\different email,  My mobile account & I'm the registered VIRGIN MEDIA account holder, which has the same blueyonder email address.   So after actually getting into his mobile account, confirming over and over again our ID fiddled with his account and transferred the new FAMILY VIRGIN SIM to his MOBILE ACCOUNT from my mobile account.  Job done, NO - his phone then went dead, up to then he was using his phone, with the NEW FAMILY SIM.  But they had told him to wait.   So he waited - DEAD PHONE.  I said put the OLD SIM BACK IN - which he did and guess what IT WORKED.  So now he has TWO SIMS registered on his account.

I have absolutely no idea now,  how much we are being charged is it

£6 for his original contract \ original number

£8 on his mobile account for the new SIM number that is WHAT??  can anyone tell me

£8 on my mobile account with my Pay as you go phone.

NO £2 discount,  well or is there?  If so where?  So far I have not been charged on my bank account to work out what exactly THIS TIME, THEY HAVE DONE.

SORRY VIRGIN, your staff follow some sort of flow chart.  They go around in circles, they frustrate the simplest of tasks.

To be honest all this kicked off about last Thursday (now Monday)  We shall have to phone  and find out, exactly now what has happened.  Perhaps the need of a physical SIM wasn't necessary.  I was thinking in 'concrete' terms to make life easy to comply with Virgin Media family plan, that is the link on my Virgin Media Mobile account & the need to be a Virgin Media Customer (t.v. package etc) which my husband was not the registered name.

Thank you for that information severnbore. We do appreciate your frustration with everything that has happened. 

I would like to assist you with getting this resolved. What I will do is send you a private message so we can look into this. 

^Martin