cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check

Rennyxo
Joining in

Hello, just wondering how long a credit check takes to go through. I applied for a new mobile with virgin last night 10/05/2020, and just wondering how long it takes for me to find out, thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just look at the Parked Orders on here.

I think Virgin use an underwriting company. I've seen people refused credit with perfect scores, and when they have checked no credit searches come up.

Can't be a standard system

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've worked for a rage of big customer service companies, and can tell you that credit check systems are automated including the interfaces for large companies, so response times are seconds, and the cost is (if I recall correctly) about 14 pence a pop. 

What VM do to make things slow and complicated I can't say.  Perhaps the same magic they work to make their customer service and technical support slow and complicated?

I’m really sorry but I have no idea what this means, lol. I received an email last night after I had tried to order the mobile phone, and it said “we’ve got to go through a couple more checks”

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just look at the Parked Orders on here.

I think Virgin use an underwriting company. I've seen people refused credit with perfect scores, and when they have checked no credit searches come up.

Can't be a standard system

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Where do I find this? Thanks and will it tell me whether I’m eligible or not?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin say they use Experian

https://www.experian.co.uk/

Yes, so how long till they tell me if ive got the phone or not?

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'Virgin say they use Experian'

Well, according to my Experian account, Vm never requested a check, (and I have a 990 score) yet was refused credit...

When I checked with Experian, they categorically told me there had been no request from anyone regarding my score....Yet VM are supposed to have done a credit check??

Fairies or porky's?? (take your pick!!)

Personally, I don't think VM bother with any sort of check, someone just tosses a coin to decide, but that's only my opinion 😉

Eugh, hope not just want a new phone hahahah 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No credit searches showing is common. As is refusal with good scores