cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register virgin mobile account

andrewmar
Joining in

Hi,

I've got a problem with creating my mobile account. Stuck at security question since I've never set one. My pay monthly sim was bought at mobiles.co.uk. and I'm sure never created or was asked for a security question or password. I couldn't find a universal solution at the forum. Could you please help me with that problem?

Kind regards,

Andrii

49 REPLIES 49

Same problem as others on the thread. I upgraded my package to Ultimate Oomph and received an unlimited SIM. Unfortunately when I try to register as a new account online it asks for Mother’s maiden name but doesn’t accept the answer.

Can anyone provide assistance please?

Hi Bubba_Shaboo,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry top hear you are also unable to set up a online account due to not knowing your memorable word.

I have tried to have a look our end however was unable to locate your account, I will be happy to help further, I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept, 

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Info sent as requested.

Regards

Bubba

Hi,

I am the same as others on this thread  just switched over, want to keep my number and register but its asking for the security word which I didnt set. I bought the sim card via carphone warehouse. 

Can anyone help please. 

Just to update - Paul_DN tried his best to help but needed my Mother’s maiden name to sort the account. I explained I had never revealed this info to Virgin and hadn’t set anything up in Mobile Your Account. In my opinion it’s a system fault and as I wasn’t comfortable giving the info I was advised to phone Virgin to sort it.  

I called 0345 600 0789 and after about 30 minutes got through. I was asked for memorable word/mother’s maiden name but explained I had never set anything up so couldn’t answer.  I was then asked normal account security questions and got it all sorted within about 5 minutes.

Hi Bubba_Shaboo,

Thank you for coming back, I am glad this was done for you, if you do have any further issues please let us know.

Regards

Paul. 

Good evening, I am trying to register a Virgin PAYG SIM which I have been using for many years. I have the password and all details, but the website won't accept them to register - The password was set up over the phone and I suspect it has been misspelled by the Virgin operator. How can this be corrected so that I can register online?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tractor777, sorry to hear you're having some issues signing in. 

Just to check - are you trying to log in via the mobile part of the website (virg.in/youracc)? If so and it's still not working - please get back to me via PM and we'll be able to help further.

Tom 

Can you fix this for me too please

Hi yohancej

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sure, I'll be happy to help you via PM.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill