cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo hdmi arc port

Ashburnian
On our wavelength

Morning All,
I have been sent a replacement TiVo box and I notice there is an arc hdmi out on the back, I assume it is ok to use this if you have the matching tv and av receiver?
Any known issues I should be aware of using this connection? (5.1system).

thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks, understood, my only query now is about the equaliser adaptor as mentioned above.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the sounds of it, you've had a fault replacement for your TiVo.

There should be no reason to worry about any of your other cabling, unless you have any particular issues with your services.

If you do, post some details and we can advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You are correct, it is now all connected, I just need advice on whether to transfer the afore mentioned equaliser. For info the old box was a Samsung the replacement is a Cisco, the Samsung also has a plastic card inserted into the back.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Regardless of the manufacturer, you can view all of VM's current TV boxes at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

The smartcards have been obsolete for many years now, VM now use cardless encryption.

All you should need to do - assuming your new box is the same type as your old one - is disconnect your co-ax cable from your old box and connect it to your new box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The standard set up failed, however a call to VM sorted it, for any one else with same query VM stated the equaliser fitting was no longer required. Thanks to everyone for their information.

The FPE might be needed to bring down the lower analogue frequencies to get them in line with the higher ones, that's why it's called an equaliser.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection