cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelated channels

paulbouch
Tuning in

Have an issue for a few days with pixelisation on channels - connection issues I thought. Changed all internal cables for new ones. Still the same. Investigation today seems it’s the cable running from the front of my house into the living room. Would it be worth getting an engineer out to take a look?

Paul

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulbouch wrote:

Cheers, one of the first things I did to be honest, problem was the same even after switching boxes, but thank you for the reply.

Paul

Which suggests the fault is with the cabling in that location - I would refer you to the advice in post-5.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yep, but also as mentioned the cabling in my house has been here for many, many years and I haven’t had the ‘original’ cables for many  many years due to wear and tear and moving equipment. As a Network Technician myself, all cables were replaced over the years with good quality cabling (no cheap stuff) 

If there is a cabling fault VM will get it fixed for free, so why would you do this yourself. And any tech can tell you of some awful DIY bodges they've had to sort out, so there is good reason why operators such as VM want to do repairs themselves.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Engineer been, outside connection issue, replaced all cabling and much improved, plus need a re-pull of cable from my house to the box, which was arranged while he was here - excellent engineer!

Good Result

Why do it your self any faults virgin will replace

I had self install problems with BB and Tv

The engineer visited said all the cabling is no Good throw it in the bin

I said all the cables are  that came in the self install

He made new cables gave  me a new splitter cat6 ethernet cables

He said all the cables in the self install are [REMOVED] rubbish

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi paulbouch, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on how the engineer visit went. It's really great to hear that things have been sorted for you. 

Please keep us posted on how the repull goes and if you have any further issues, please contact us so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs