cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need someone at virgin to send a signal to my box?

danielscott
Joining in

been having trouble with my box for a few days, apparently i need to have a signal or something sent to my box as its lost some connection?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the problem you're having with your TV service?

There are some issues for which sending a hit can rectify, there are others where that's a good excuse but isn't the fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I cant exactly remember the error code, but I googled it and the answers said that I need a signal sent because my tivo box has somehow been disconnected?

The problem? my box takes around 30 minutes to turn on and boot up, when it boots up theres zero channels available? sometimes it doesn't even boot up.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any box that won't bootup has a fault, regardless of error codes, and you're likely to need a tech visit for that. The quickest way to report faults is to call in - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the "I have a fault" options.

Otherwise VM staff should respond on here, but it may take a few days.

Feel free to post back when you know any error codes and we can probably advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

the error code is s102!

I will be calling tomorrow as it is too late now. 

thanks for the help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

S102 is a classic loss-of-signal error, and that could cause boot failures.

Check for known area faults on 0800 5610061, otherwise it's likely to be a fault only affecting you.

Hi @danielscott

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of this issue. I've done a system check and one of the boxes shows no issues, however the other isn't contactable. Is this TV box turned on? If not, can you do that and let me know when done so I can run checks?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill