cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC I player problems

paul243
On our wavelength

I Player is unwatchable on my Tivo. It freezes about every minute for several seconds. 

Also why are so many of my recordings only available on I Player and no simple recordings?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Hi paul243,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues when trying to view a recorded show.

As our valued member @japitts has explained brilliantly, are you able to provide any examples of what is happening with these shows.

Once we have this, we can get a better picture and assist you further. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

paul243
On our wavelength

Some (most) shows on I player are impossible to watch, freezing every minute ,"stuttering" Why? is it the Tivo? Thanks.

PS Netfix if fine if that's a clue?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paul243 wrote:

Some (most) shows on I player are impossible to watch, freezing every minute ,"stuttering" Why? is it the Tivo? Thanks.

Refer to the question in post-2 of this thread for advice, I'll copy it below... If you can answer the questions posed in the thread already, we will stand a much better chance of being able to advise you and help solve this.

Having said that, do you see any flashing green lights on the front-left of your TiVo when you have problems? That could indicate the inbuilt 'net connection has failed, and anything that uses the internet will have issues then.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

paul243
On our wavelength
Thanks will monitor the lights when it occurs

Hi Paul, thank you for continuing the conversation with us and @japitts

If it happens again if you are able to post a specific example (including pictures if possible) hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for you, and get things resolved. 

All the best. 

Molly