cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching TV Go On TV

DoctorJon
Joining in

I am a new Virgin TV customer. My 360 box is left turned on at home. At my holiday home I have Virgin TV Go linked by HDML lead from my laptop to the TV. TV Go appears ok on the TV, but when I try to watch a live programme on the TV I get the following message:

”Your Virgin Media TV box must be online for this to work.”

What am I doing wrong, please?
Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV Go is designed for viewing on the mobile device used for streaming, not any additional equipment.

To view on a TV using an HDMI lead, you should be watching on your set-top-box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you very much.

DoctorJon
Joining in

Where is the best place to find my Idiot’s Guide to TV Go?

Now that I have loaded TV Go onto my laptop, I need to know simply how to access the channels, including BT Sport and Sky Sports, within my home Virgin Media package.

Thank you.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What device(s) are you trying to watch on? You posted yesterday asking about watching on a TV via your laptop - which can't be done.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I am now just watching on my laptop.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DoctorJon 

Have you looked at the TVGO help page?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app 

You can watch the BT Sport channels using TVGO, but you need to use iPlayer to watch BBC channels.

To watch Sky Sports you need to go to https://www.skysports.com/  and click on Watch Sky Sports

Select the channel you want to watch, for example Sky Sports Main Event

On the next screen click on Log In to watch and log in as shown in the picture below.

Then on the next screen since it's the first time you will have used it you will need to click on Install the desktop player and follow the instructions.

sky sports.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For any channel where the actual viewing is via another app, TV Go has a schedule and a shortcut. So you can select "watch now" within TV Go and then get prompted to load the relevant external app.

Hi DoctorJon,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can see that our wonderful community members @japitts and @newapollo have already given you all the advice you need regarding how to access and watch our TVGO services already.

If you require any further assistance or experience any issues, please come back to us and we will assist you further with this matter. 

Kind regards Jodi.