cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe settings not working

GillAdrian1
Tuning in

So I have been trying to manage my Websafe settings an have googled for guidance, found the YouTube video but that was not helpful. I get to My apps, then down to Websafe and the page shows a comparison with the F-Secure Internet Security app. On this page I am told that Virus Safe and Child Safe are both off but when I select Manage Websafe settings it just brings up the same page.

Can anyone please advise?

30 REPLIES 30

Hello,

I haven not received a PM yet in my inbox?

Thanks 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DMCole  Are you looking in the correct place?  Top Right Corner of this page you should see an icon like this:

pm env.PNG

The letter icon will have a 1 in the circle if there is an unread message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

yes this is where I have checked and refreshed several times in last 24 hours. Thanks 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DMCole,

Sorry to hear you have not received a private message yet, I am going to send you one now. Please do let me know if you receive it.

Best wishes,

Serena

I’m trying to set up child settings today and am experiencing the same issue, two months later!

Did this issue get fixed or has it reoccurred?

Thanks

M

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Smudger8947, sorry to hear you've encountered this issue as well. Please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and we'll be able to help get it sorted out.

Tom 

jmagin
Joining in

I have same problem as other clicking the web safe settings link just returns to the same page 

To be more specific when on page https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit and press the button "Manage Web Safe Settings" it tries to go to page https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings but get redirected back to the original toolkit url above

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jmagin,

Welcome to our Community Forums. Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your web safe settings!

I will be able to look into this for you further by discussing this via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am having this exact problem.

What a load of rubbish. Another month on and people still stuck in this loop.

Painful to have to register in a forum and make a public complaint to ask to get it fixed.