cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing password - going around in circles need a moderator

gcfalco
Dialled in

Having got the "Forbidden" error message on all my Apple devices (but Windows access working okay) I was told to change my password to fix it. However, to change my p/w I apparently have to change my email address to a non-Virgin email account.

I've tried to change address to a Gmail address. I got the "verify your new email address" email in to my Gmail in-box, but when I click the link in it taking me to a log-in page, I'm told I haven't verified the address.

Meanwhile my old address is fortunately still working.

I found an email from yesterday which appears to be from a moderator in my spam box saying if I click the link I can directly change my password (presumably without changing email address). 

It looked a bit dodgy but I'm getting desperate so I tried it out - the page it took me to look real so I tried to make the change - and it said "the token had expired".

If this was from a moderator can you please send it again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are now insisting on users having a non VM email address to use with My VM.  Personally I've moved all my email from VM and have had my old ntlword email address deleted.  I would recommend any users who are still using any VM email addresses to think about moving to a non ISP based solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are now insisting on users having a non VM email address to use with My VM.  Personally I've moved all my email from VM and have had my old ntlword email address deleted.  I would recommend any users who are still using any VM email addresses to think about moving to a non ISP based solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gcfalco
Dialled in

I'm beginning to think that's the answer. But right now I'm due to be out of the country next week & need to access my emails when away - all I get on my mobile devices is the "forbidden" message. Meanwhile the VM system to reset just isn't working.