cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red light on modem

scotsbabe2023
On our wavelength

hello, i have a hub 3 modem and the lights red, im not sure if this is to do with switching from router to modem mode, its really hot too, ive had this modem since i joined virgin media , which was years ago,  i did have 2 engineer out, one after the other, feeding me thier **bleep**, can someone take a look, i also might need a phone extension

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello scotsbabe2023

Sorry to hear of the red LED on the hub and concern caused, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

The red LED on the hub can indicate one of two things, either the LED is faulty or the hub may be running warmer than expected. You mentioned you had two tech visits, was this whilst the hub showed a red LED? If so, what did they advise?

Regardless of the reason for the red light, this will need looking into further, in the meantime can you try this for me:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.

• Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM staff member will be in contact

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

i dont have my phone in , im just waiting on it being deliverd, i need a house call, im at home every day

Hello scotsbabe2023

Sorry to hear of the red LED on the hub and concern caused, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

The red LED on the hub can indicate one of two things, either the LED is faulty or the hub may be running warmer than expected. You mentioned you had two tech visits, was this whilst the hub showed a red LED? If so, what did they advise?

Regardless of the reason for the red light, this will need looking into further, in the meantime can you try this for me:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.

• Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

hi rob ive got in a good space, or could it be because ive had it upside down?, i needed to do it to get my wifi name and password, ive changed my password to my own , but its still not working on my llaptop

Thanks for checking, I have sent a Private Message to confirm some details and assist there. I can see you have replied so we can get the ball rolling 🙂

Rob

turned it off , but went red again

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for the update scotsbabe2023 and glad to hear this has now been resolved for you.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

The phone with the adapter should be used via the TEL1 port on the back of the Hub 🙂

Rob