cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin access point in flat?

Laanien
Joining in

So I've moved house yesterday and I was told that virgin was good to go in my flat and all I had to do was plug in and go.

The only outlets are plain ones that just say TV. Can't spot a virgin access point anywhere at all. How can I get someone to come out and have a look? 

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What sort of flat are you in? New build, multi-storey block, flat conversion? The reason for asking is that might influence how VM's cables are presented in your home and how they come in from outside.

You can post some photos on here of your available connections if you wish. Forum members may be able to tell you if any look hopeful for a VM connection.

Alternatively, my usual cut/paste answer to this regular question is ...

Call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Have you checked to make sure there is no other kind of connection? Sometimes there is no wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). Past occupiers of your property may have removed the cable and sometimes they are removed by other installers, such as satellite TV techs.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the number above for a tech installation.

16894499540502229962860995607280.jpg

 they look like this! 

The only other option I have is a big black cable that comes from outside but it also gives me no connection. The hub just flashes red light when it's connected 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Won't see your image until moderators approve it (probably tomorrow now). VIPs can view before moderation and may advise in the meantime.

The black cable may be a possibility. Post up a clear photo which shows the connector on the end of the black cable.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Laanien, 

Welcome and thank you for posting. 

We apologise for any confusion caused by this matter. 

Our system will show that the service is available if we have previously installed at the property but it may be the case that the previous occupants have removed parts without us being aware. 

I see you have been able to speak to a member of the team to arrange a visit. Please do let us know how this goes and if we can assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat