cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad service

fxym4
Joining in

on the 13th feb i joined virgin,i had the quick start tv and internet,on the 22nd they said it was delivered but i never received it,now after about 40 phone calls still not received it,after being promised it would be re delivered,now its over 5 weeks and no equipment they have activated my account and taken the first payment,what can i do no customer services make promises but nothing is happening

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

start with raising a complain which will be fobbed off or ignored - that matters not as its the start point - if you do get a reply which will [usually] be completely meaningless ask for a deadlock letter - if no reply comes then you need to wait 8 weeks and go to the arbitrator - ask for all money back up to the point they do get off their ars** and connect you - add £100 for the fact they have been wrongly taking money - imo you are also entitled to a fiver a day compensation from the 22nd of Feb - certainly [again imo] you are entitled to compensation from the day they started billing you - i think that should beat £8.40 a day as you have a total loss of service

that will not get you the quickstart kit you need and unfortunately you need to keep ringing the brain dead CS agents for that to happen - there is a chance forum staff may be able to help but the list of what they cannot help with seems to increase by the day - this may be one of them

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

start with raising a complain which will be fobbed off or ignored - that matters not as its the start point - if you do get a reply which will [usually] be completely meaningless ask for a deadlock letter - if no reply comes then you need to wait 8 weeks and go to the arbitrator - ask for all money back up to the point they do get off their ars** and connect you - add £100 for the fact they have been wrongly taking money - imo you are also entitled to a fiver a day compensation from the 22nd of Feb - certainly [again imo] you are entitled to compensation from the day they started billing you - i think that should beat £8.40 a day as you have a total loss of service

that will not get you the quickstart kit you need and unfortunately you need to keep ringing the brain dead CS agents for that to happen - there is a chance forum staff may be able to help but the list of what they cannot help with seems to increase by the day - this may be one of them

Tony.
Sacked VIP

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

edited post above with more info

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fxym4, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had some issues with getting your equipment delivered. 

Taking a look at things this end, when equipment is ordered via quickstart and the delivery is confirmed as delivered, the equipment is automatically activated a few days later. This is what then causes the account to become active and the billing cycle then begins.

I can see a complaint has already been raised and the team are investigating what's happened and they will be in touch with you but we're unable to stop the billing cycle from continuing. Once you have received the kit and got it installed and working, we can then look to refund any time you've been billed but not had services by adding a credit to your account. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thanks for the reply,this week is now in the 6th week without internet,if i dont get it delivered this week i think i will be going elsewhere this lenth of time is beyond belief,i am disabled and need the internet

mike

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@fxym4 wrote:

thanks for the reply,this week is now in the 6th week without internet,if i dont get it delivered this week i think i will be going elsewhere this lenth of time is beyond belief,i am disabled and need the internet

mike

be careful of their system - they are wrongly billing you but if you take the next obvious step and cancel the DD then wait for consequences - their normally broken system will kick in like a swiss clock and demand payment - they will quickly put any dept out for collection and mark your credit rating with a black mark - non of that is your doing but in VM's eys it is

getting all that sorted is an uphill battle - a conversation with citizens advice would be useful as would one with CICAS - the reply from VM [Kath] really is beyond belief but thats VM from you - their system says you have had the kit has been delivered and all help seems to have stopped their - they are not exactly accusing you of lying but the system is as they are charging you for a service they are not providing

ultimately this will [i think] go to arbitration unless someone with a brain gets involved and sends you a new hub and sorts out the refund you are due

Tony.
Sacked VIP

No problem at all Mike.

I can also see you've been in contact with the team since posting this, how did that go? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

ith respect Matthew if you can see there has been contact you must be able to see the OP's account - surely there are notes to say whats happening - if not - why not

Tony.
Sacked VIP

just an update for you all i have now cancelled my contract with virgin i have also got back my monthly payment,and i will be receiving compensation for the 5 weeks without service,it was a  fairly bad experience for me as i am housebound and i need internet and tv,so its off to sky for me thanks for your help

mike

Hi @fxym4 

Really sorry to hear that the team was not able to resolve this for you and that you have decided to cancel the service with us. This is very disappointing to hear that you've had such a bad new customer experience, we pride ourselves on offering the best support possible so it disappoints us when this isn't given. 

We always take on board the feedback we receive so we can learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams.

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley