cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

celestedev
Joining in

I just received my Hub 3.0 broadband but I can’t find where to log the cable to the wall socket. I only have one cable that come from the outside Virgin Media box and it can’t be fixed to this cable. Can someone help me because we really need connection as soon as possible😊😊🥺

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps a photo would help us understand the issue

The cable that I'm trying to connectThe cable that I'm trying to connectThe cable coming from outside (I can't plug it directly into the box)The cable coming from outside (I can't plug it directly into the box)The external Virgin Media BoxThe external Virgin Media BoxSame cableSame cable

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Tristar Data cable coupler | DIY at B&Q

One of these will enable you to join the cables together.   It's because the wall socket does not exist. so the expected "push on" fit will not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Unscrew the short white cable and push on the cable in your hand to the

threaded piece that is left.

Virgin BB 55MB, Hub 3, Tenda Router, Stream Box - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990

2.jpg

You can screw this cable straight into the back of the modem. It's better quality than the one they have supplied you, it's proper 75Ohm coax, the new one they give out these days is just cheap thin aerial wire.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@asim18 wrote:

You can screw this cable straight into the back of the modem. It's better quality than the one they have supplied you, it's proper 75Ohm coax, the new one they give out these days is just cheap thin aerial wire.

As long as there is an isolator in line, that would be fine.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks