cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service

AU1
Joining in

Appalling service: left high & dry without internet for 3 weeks & engineers not turning up. Waited in all today for a midday to 6pm slot & no sign of them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @AU1, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with our services.

I'd be happy to pick this up for you to see if we can get some more information on the reasons for engineers not arriving as well as getting the connection back up and running to the expected level of service.

With this, I'll also be able to advise if any compensation has been issued or is due to be issued.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Raise a formal complaint and if no visit occurs at all today then you are due £29.15 compensation https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You are unlikely to get a VM reply here in 'Community Natter'. A moderator or VIP might move your topic to ‘Managing Your Account – Cable’ where a VM person should reply within a few days.

If you have a total loss of service of broadband or phone you should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @AU1, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with our services.

I'd be happy to pick this up for you to see if we can get some more information on the reasons for engineers not arriving as well as getting the connection back up and running to the expected level of service.

With this, I'll also be able to advise if any compensation has been issued or is due to be issued.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi David

Thank you for your reply. Here is a brief list of ongoing issue:

Received a new Hub5 via the post on 17 November after renewing contract. Couldn’t get Hub to work & spoke to Customer Services who organised an engineer for the following Monday. 

Engineer on Monday couldn’t get it to work either & tried a further 4 Hubs on his van to no avail. He then tried the downgraded Hub 4 as he said that one was failsafe & that didn’t work either. By this time he had disconnected our Hub350 which was working perfectly & left with it leaving us with no Internet, saying we’d be contacted the next day. 

No phone call the next day so my husband, Ken rang them yet again & they said 2 engineers would need to replace external cables. Earliest date being 5 December between 8 - 1. Told them it wasn’t good enough but they said this was the earliest date. They hadn’t arrived come 16.30 so Ken rang Customer Services yet again & said they’d be 30 mins which they were. The engineers told Ken they knew what the problem was & it would take 20 mins to fix. Ken asked them to come into the property afterwards to check that the internet was working which they agreed to. They disappeared straight away & never returned. Still no internet. 

First engineer rang back to see if it had been fixed & disagreed with the need for new cabling, saying he’d speak to his field manager who would call back. No call. 

Ken phones Customer Services again & they said they’d send a new hub! Said this isn’t going to work & engineers booked once again for Sat 9 December between 1pm - 6pm. They didn’t show up so back onto Customer Services again who arranged a further visit for today but then changed it to tomorrow between 8am - 1pm. We have no faith in them turning up tomorrow either. 

Ken has told them he wants the Hub350 reinstated if they still can’t get us up & running. 

Were at a loss on what to do next apart from contact the Ombudsman. It is frustrating beyond belief, you couldn’t write it. 

Shall I inform you on what the outcome is tomorrow whether the engineers have showed up, etc? 

Kind regards

Mandy