Power Cable Farce

Calum_
Tuning in

I just can't believe it.

• My installation kit arrived containing the wrong power cable
  • They sent out another one, which didn't arrive 
  • They sent out another one, which arrived as a coaxial cable
  • They sent out yet another one, which has also arrived as a coaxial cable

They are now on their fifth attempt at sending me the correct equipment.  I have been without internet for two weeks.  I could have trained a reasonably obedient dog to do this by now.  It's pathetic.

Other highlights:

• They offered me an engineer appointment on Monday - instead of waiting for delivery again - but I had to decline due to work commitments.  Despite the fact an engineer was available in my area with the correct equipment, they refused to simply instruct the engineer to post it through my door and have this whole thing resolved.  That would be too much like common sense.
  • I raised a complaint and their response was to acknowledge my "pain points" and raise "internal feedback".

They're officially the most incompetent company I've ever experienced.  I can't believe Branson puts his face on this brand.

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Calum_ 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the installation of your services and the ordering of equipment. In regard to your mention of a Technician being in your area, whilst this would be the case, they only carry the specific equipment that is required for their visits that day - our teams wouldn't be able to get one posted through the door by them due to their scheduling.

Have you spoken with our team regarding this? Have you received the correct cable since your post? Can you also confirm which piece of equipment you don't have the right power cable for? If you're not sure, feel free to send a photo and we'll confirm this for you.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

The correct cable finally arrived yesterday in the post.  I installed it and all is well.  

Calum