cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early install text

James_b_2790
Joining in

Hey all, just wanted to confirm whether this was legit or not, got a text today offering an early install date, normally i would jump at these but with myself getting more into the cyber security industry i tend to question most things.

offered an early installation on two separate days, is there any way that this can be confirmed by anyone on he ( as in if the text was sent via automated process or manual basically if there is any real footprint of it) not wanting to fall to anything suspicious in this day and age haha.

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Hero

Check the senders number here : https://who-called.co.uk/

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

with respect i think you are taking security to a new level - first who else but VM know you have booked an install and if its a scam whats the purpose - i assume they are not asking for bank details or anything else that might compromise you

so if you have booked an install reply or not - its really that simple surely

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey James_b_2790,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. Have you been able to get this looked into since Monday or do you still require assistance?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I can understand this Viewpoint but with the inception of spoofing calls and texts and the like, i just tend to be a little more cautious with my digital footprint, 

anyway it's sorted now thanks for the reply regardless.

Yep, i got it sorted, thank you.

Hi @James_b_2790 

Thank you for confirming this is all sorted for you now. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley