cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel

LisaR00
Joining in

Placed an order with Virgin Media for broadband that I decided to cancel.  Called them the same day I placed the order and was told during a 30 minute phone call the order had an error and had not gone through.  I told them I had received the order email and pre contract.  They still insisted no order was on their system.  Since then I have received further emails, direct debit set up, contract and delivery instruction.  I called again asking to cancel.  During this 50 minute phone call I was transferred, put on hold numerous times and then they hung up on me.  I have also tried using the chat service with no answer.  How do you cancel?  I will be sending a tracked letter tomorrow and contacting Ofcom.  This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LisaR00 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the confusion here. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,  since posting I tried phoning again Tuesday morning.  This time I was being transferred for the 2nd time when the phone disconnected.  I was getting funny looks in the office because how many times do you need to say you want to cancel.  At lunch time I then had to goto a post office to send the cancellation notification via special delivery.  On Wednesday morning Virgin Media sent a notification to my current supplier to terminate my service with them.  So I had to phone them to tell them what’s been going on.  Then back on the phone to Virgin Media when finally I got put through to someone who has de-activated the service.   I hope this is the end of it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The regulator OFCOM is currently investigating this very problem with Virginmedia. You can help them by following this link

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275?utm_medium=e...

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.