cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3 + V6 BOX

lizzymadray
Tuning in

I need to set up my Hub 3 and V6 box (that have sat in their box for 4 years!) so that my landline can be reconnected and I can complete upgrade to Virgin 360 TV.  Do I still have to phone to activate these devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Short answer is yes these will have to be activated onto your account.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you still a customer? Seems unlikely you would be paying for a service for four years and not using.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mad as it seems yes I am a customer - and a bit of a technophobe with setting up new stuff -  so I just continued to use my old hub and tivo box, but now need to upgrade these to enter the modern Virgin world of fibre phone landline and V360 boxes as upgraded our account to this recently but it needs I think at least hub 3 and a set up V6 box to do this

Mad as it seems yes I am a customer - and a bit of a technophobe with setting up new stuff -  so I just continued to use my old hub and tivo box, but now need to upgrade these to enter the modern Virgin world of fibre phone landline and V360 boxes as upgraded our account to this recently but it needs I think at least hub 3 and a set up V6 box to do this

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Short answer is yes these will have to be activated onto your account.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’m not sure that I fully understand how you came to be in this situation.

I will start with an easy answer - as an existing customer, you will continue to receive your landline as today, not through the broadband Hub. Existing customers will eventually be moved to landline through the Hub but there is currently no program or timescales for this. New customers are provided landline through the Hub.

I’m not sure how you managed to take delivery of new equipment and not be required to activate this new equipment at the time.

In any case, you will need to call in and try to get this activated now but I’m not sure if this will be possible.

You should call in, 150 from your landline, to make this request.

You can wait here for a few days and the Virgin Media staff who operate here may be able to help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My landline is now dead because I need to connect it through my hub with the adapter sent by Virgin but I can't do this thru the hub 2.  If you don't use equipment you don't need to activate it and my existing activated tivo box and old hub continued to work fine for most of the last 4 years but has become very sluggish in recent times hence the need to upgrade to the "new" equipment. I've been advised from elsewhere to contact Virgin to activate the "new" hub and so from there I should hopefully hurtle forward into the modern world quite soon!! Thanks for your advice and comments. 

Hi John thanks for your help and advice on this - I will make the call as you suggest early tomorrow morning and hopefully from there hurtle forwards into the modern world quite soon!!

I recommend connecting the V6 to the hub with an Ethernet cable, better than WiFi.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi, if that's not possible would a powerline connection be better than wifi?