cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection and complaint

u40as7
Tuning in

Not sure this is the right place to post but anyways this is mostly a rant as there seems not to be a way i can use the webform for a complaint and do not have the time to write a letter. 

I have been disconnected on the day after I requested to cancel my contract with Virgin media (April 15th) despite the website saying and information I was provided that it would be 30 days till disconnection. This was clearly a mistake on Virgins part and i'm paying the price of it. This has meant i've been offline for 10 days in a row, despite 5 phone calls to Virgin Media to reconnect me and disconnect me on the agreed date of 15th May. Each time i phone up, a mistake is admitted and i'm left to wait another 48 hours. I am again waiting another 48 hours to be connected, most likely it will be Monday not Saturday.

Every phone call is the same, a request is put through, they mixed up my package (again can this not be found on my account easily?) said it was because they ticked telephone as well as broadband when I only have broadband, 3 people have made the same mistake over and over despite telling me they've corrected it. Also I have been told that i  will be disconnected automatically on several occasions, but today i've been told i have to phone up to get disconnected. Another phone call and probably another we need another 30 days to disconnect you.

I have now spent over 150 pounds for a stable internet connection because of this. I have still another almost 2 weeks. You have also taken out money from my account for the next 30 days, so i'm paying for a service i haven't got and having to pay for the consequences through no fault of my own. 

My new provider is coming in on the 3rd June to put the internet connect on. 

What can I do ? Nobody on the service desk can put me through to someone that actually can provide me with concrete information or put me through to the team who is actually doing the work.

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi u40as7,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your account was disconnected early rather than adding your 30 days notice, this is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide.

So I can have a look into this for you I have sent an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.