cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get virgin at new address as previous owner has not cancelled account

soamanpo1
Just joined

We are due to move into our new home this weekend and I had signed up to VM broadband in advance. The currents owner have VM and I have been told I cannot have my order processed and hub sent out until theirs is cancelled.

The current owner claims that their package has been scheduled for suspension from the weekend we move in as they could not cancel due to having over 12 months left on their contract. The VM agent on web chat told me that their account has not been scheduled for suspension (only downgraded) and needs to be cancelled before they can sign me up properly.

Any advice would be appreciated as we hoped to only have a small downtime without internet due to working from home.

2 REPLIES 2

jenik
Just joined

Morning all,

We are due to move into our new home this weekend and I had signed up to VM broadband in advance. The currents owner have VM and I have been told I cannot have my order processed and hub sent out until theirs is cancelled.

The current owner claims that their package has been scheduled for suspension from the weekend we move in as they could not cancel due to having over 12 months left on their contract. The VM agent on web chat told me that their account has not been scheduled for suspension (only downgraded) and needs to be cancelled before they can sign me up properly.

Any advice would be appreciated as we hoped to only have a small downtime without internet due to working from home.

Thanks.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi both, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there are issues signing up. Where there is an active account at an address, until there is a notice to cancel on the account, a new account cannot be set up. 

There isn't anything we can do in the Community regarding this I'm afraid. If you're in contact with the previous owners, it's best to get them to get in touch directly so we can go through the disconnection with them and then once this is done, the sales team can then arrange a set up of a new account for you. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs